HAHAHA It was better than expected and worst than expected!! It was extremely hilarious but completely wrong.
First of all, the carefully wrapped package in my little, child handwriting remained in tact… But inside, there was a letter that read, in full-page, capital, outlined letters: YOU SUCK. And then, “just jokin’,’ at the bottom. The entire letter was written in my brother’s handwriting, allegedly in his 9th grade year. It was directed at two people I don’t believe I have ever known, and was a letter scolding them for having played horrible music in MY presence! (?!) Dr. Dre, apparently. Then there was a cassette tape cover of Dr. Dre, but the tape inside was a strange boy’s voice reading the letter.
My brother and I got to listen to it together and we laughed and laughed and both have no recollection of this at all whatsoever. Who WERE these people being scolded? Why did he not want me listening to Dr. Dre? Why was this given to my mom and set to be opened in 2015??? IT’S BEEN TUCKED AWAY FOR 22 YEARS!!!!!
More importantly, what happened to the REAL time capsule I’d given my mom to put away? Even my brother thinks it seems as though he must have taken mine out, probably thrown it all away, and replaced it with this.
HAHAHA Gawd did we all laugh. He says it was the worst time capsule ever. But so worth it, IMO. Everyone should leave their future peeps a time capsule. Have fun. Obviously it doesn’t have to be profound or even make sense to be good for a laugh some future day. ❤
The following 3 comics are by XKCD. You can click each comic to go to their site. It’s worth it. 🙂
I literally used to walk as if I were a knight chess piece — typically 2 forward, 1 to the side. Literally.
Really cute video of a golden retriever failing a recall command in an adorable way:
Fantastic link I want to study when I have more time:
A great news ‘article’, “Health Experts Recommend Standing Up At Desk, Leaving Office, Never Coming Back”:
A great moment in ‘history’ — Venus gets its first bronze plaque… haha “Venus Added To Registry Of Historically Significant Planets”
An odd, grammatically-correct sentence “Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo”:
Action: Go to the Google search engine. Type in “Do a barrel roll”. Watch what happens.
Someone get me a cat, STAT
I PROMISED that I would sketch *something* tonight, to help get me started once again. This is pretty poor, but the goal was met… Thanks to a real life spider scenario. My GOD spiders grow big around here!!! ::shudder::
I like daddy long-legs. I like tarantulas. But ginormous, obviously radioactively-enhanced brown things with fangs bigger than my head? NOOOO. (I did NOT look closely enough to find its markings. I did the adult thing. I begged my uncle for help.)
The list of things that lost their meaning to me is too vast to list. Instead, I am going to list things that I Currently Love. For me, love in the heart is 100%. It’s a small bubble of joy. It’s a second of bliss. It’s a moment of excitement and freedom. It’s an emotion. It’s a feeling.
Here Is What I Love Lately:
- Finishing a project at work, no matter how tiny.
- Missing my train because I was helping other people figure out the ticket machine.
- One elderly gentleman actually trusting me enough to handle his $10 to show him which way to insert it into the machine.
- The salmon, yellow, and greens of the single cut flower on my desk right now.
- I am clean and wearing clean clothes, and am at the perfect temperature.
- That I just turned around and got someone a missing W9 form from another company within 2 minutes of our payroll informing me that we still needed theirs.
- Some of “Joe’s” texts making me literally laugh out loud.
- Cars honking out my office window. No joke. I laugh SO HARD sometimes. I am waiting for a world-record of honking at that corner. Sometimes a person will just lay on the horn so long, I wonder if they’ll ever let up, but sadly, they always do.
- The cooing of pigeons that settle on the ledge of our office windows (I don’t have a window seat but I always get up to peek on him).
- The banter of two office workers in particular, who happen to both be in the office today.
- The sound of their laughter. ❤
- Watching nobody sit down on a just-vacated train seat because everybody is being polite and offering it to everybody else and nobody knows who is going to take it. LOL
- Phone calls where you are exceedingly polite and ask to take a message and the other party says no-I’ll-try-back-later-*CLICK* hahaha Noooo YOU weren’t a spam call…not at all.
- Having the soundtrack to “Into The Woods” in your head the entire day. (I thought the movie actually did a great job of it, EVEN THOUGH they let some happy endings slip through that were NOT supposed to be there, and hacked out “Agony Reprise” which is one of my favorite songs from it.)
- Having a little baggy of moistened seeds on my desk, that may or may not germinate (I don’t think the seeds were fully formed when they dropped; I think the pods dropped from dehydration. But I’m going to try it anyway.)
- After missing my train, sitting in the sunshine with my face exposed for a full 15 minutes.
- The random musicians (or non-musicians) that try to play music for change all around here. The recorder player is my favorite. Or maybe it was the percussionist in the wolf mask…
- Practicing guitar
- Singing (however poorly; the vibration in my throat is comforting)
- Calling my uncle White Trash and having him call me a Hillbilly (referencing movie “Wedding Crashers”) (“What does that even mean?!”)
- Gluten-free, vegan pizzas
- Taking the dogs on a walk
- Sketching (although I have stopped that yet again for now; pressure got too high)
- Taking pictures
- Not letting my adopted bedroom get too messy (quite an accomplishment, for me!)
- Walking down sidewalks and just happening to be behind an adorable little dog with the cutest trot the whole way
- Being at the Meditation center (which hasn’t happened in forever)
- The pictures of my baby boy (dog) that my mom sends me
- The stories of my baby’s adventures
P.S. My blog is winding down to a close now. It’ll still be in progress for a while yet, but I’m nearly done with all that I wanted to tell.
Weight Gain at the Dog Park
Bailey loved the dog park today. I believe she left the dog park heavier than when she started, however…
A wise old man once told me…
Yet another true story for you! He always practiced what he preached. (He was a good pharmacist but a terrible employee. He did have a few gems, though. 🙂 He certainly cheered up my days, let me tell you!)
(I’m back for a sec– couldn’t leave on such a sad picture as the last one.)
Good luck using a Curly’s mane for balance!
Explanation: Many of the extreme Curly horses shed their manes and tails annually (some even shed body hair), if they’re lucky enough to grow tail hair at all, that is. On the best day, their mane hairs pull out quite easily. Many people grab their (non-Curly) horse’s manes to get on or to stabilize while riding, especially when riding bareback. If you try to balance yourself by grabbing a Curly’s mane while riding… Good luck. :o)
Now THAT’s a compliment!
Okay, I’ve never sketched a peacock before… Or a giant, inflated head. But I think you get the point. 🙂
Ahh. Warm, clean sheets!
Well. At least they’re still warm! 😀