- 15mg Lexapro, in the morning (with usual thyroid med)
- 1 fish oil capsule, 1 magnesium-something-or-other-vitamin
- Some exercise (walking)
- 10mg Prozac, before dinner
- Actually, I had moments of happiness. Maybe I am very excited about this process
- I did get angry at one point but not more than I have on previous days. It didn’t last long, which is unusual for me
- I still have cramps (unrelated)
- By around 4pm, I started to feel light-headed and a little dizzy. By 6pm, I took the Prozac because it was just getting worse and I was at a dinner party at my Uncle’s house with family and I wanted to feel okay. It worked very rapidly.
Alas, the dinner party started out fantastic. My brother told some growing-up stories I hadn’t heard before and they were amazing. I haven’t laughed that hard in AGES. But it ended with an ugly twist. I’m not sure if my uncle was just drunk or frankly, I believe, high. I don’t know. But he did say some very odd things, even for him, and for a while talked a lot about race and made someone at the table feel wretched and she left for a while and when returned, had been crying. Nobody knew what to do. It had been such a fun evening before things got weird.
Also, I didn’t study very much and tomorrow is my final. I’m probably going to fail. Since it feels hopeless, I find that I don’t care about it as much as I should.
Sunset on the water
Today begins a true attempt at weaning off of Lexapro 20mg, with permission and help from my psychiatrist. Update: I have been on the drug for over 10 years straight.
I definitely want to document this process so I will know if the withdrawal becomes too unbearable, or in the end if I just need to go back on because I was better on it, etc.
* 15mg Lexapro in the morning (with usual thyroid dose)
* 1 capsule of fish oil and a multivitamin, just because
* I must get in some solid exercise, just because
* tonight, 10mg of Prozac (this will allegedly ease the withdrawal symptoms because of the longer half life) UPDATE: I did not take it because I didn’t feel dizzy or zappy or anything
* Have had diarrhea and cramps for 2 days, totally unrelated (could be PMS, food not agreeing with me, or a bug)
* Very anxious about being on the 15mg today — waiting for the electric zappies to hit me at any time, but they haven’t started yet.
That’s all there is to report about this for now. 🙂
In other news, I’m doing terribly at focusing on schoolwork. TERRIBLY. But within three days of now, I will have taken another Final exam. I’m not sure if I’ll pass it.
Can any of you post me some good information links on the differences between being drunk and being drugged? I don’t have time to write about it now but I believe a loved one was recently drugged but there is no way of knowing. I am just curious what the differences would look like.
We have bits and pieces of information including audio recordings made during the blacked out time. Two or three days later, a CAT scan and TOX screen both came out clear.
If you have good, solid info about the effects or behaviors of being drunk versus high / drugged, please post in the comments. Thank you.