A few points:
- I decided to decline the potential apartment. So we’ll keep looking for something closer to public transit.
- It’s the holiday time. I don’t know what that means here. It sort of crept up on me. I haven’t sent out presents for anything yet, although I knew what I wanted to get people for a little while.
- There are several relatives related to my bf staying here this week. We hung out with them for most of yesterday.
- We would have hung out with them most of today but I actually declined. My bf went and joined them for lunch but is back now. I declined because there’s going to be a big dinner event tonight, including them, with other people as well, and I can’t do social nonstop without becoming too exhausted. So I stayed home so far today and it’s been great. I practiced piano for a long time. I’m running some laundry. I went jogging again and did really, really well! I jogged most of the way there and even a good chunk of the way back! I’m slow as molasses but it’s great.
- I’ve listened to several more episodes of “Welcome to Night Vale”.
- I need to iron out my schedule for the upcoming semester.
- Tonight, I don’t know how soon, I will be picked up for the group dinner. I think there is another group dinner tomorrow. I’m glad I took some non-social time for myself today.
- I do wish I had sent out presents to my parents. I know what I want to get them both but still haven’t sent them. Ah well. I just hate picturing them on a day I like to think of as traditional and have them with nothing to open. Not that that’s the meaning of Christmas or that they even celebrate it particularly, but I still dislike the thought.
- My own tradition, which was started last year, will be FaceTiming with my parents and singing carols with them. Apparently my bf’s family will do that here, as well. So I’m glad, because I like to have *something* that is traditional for me. It’s hard to know what to do for traditional days when you are in a new location with people whose traditions you don’t yet know.
- On Christmas Day, my parents and I always opened gifts and then went skiing in the woods outside of their house. I can’t do that here. What will I do instead? Maybe I can go to the beach, if public transit is running. Or a walk in the woods, or at a park. Something outdoors. It’s typically been with family but I’m willing to go alone.
- I believe I did hear mention of certain guests considering attending Star Wars in theatre that day, but I can’t do that. I mean, I don’t want to do that, so I won’t. I could do a little walk if they do that, which would be a good time for it.
- But who knows what plans will take shape. There are MANY DOMINANT PERSONALITIES here right now and let me tell you, plans are not formed easily. There is so much bickering and contention and whatever, it’s easiest for me to consider having no opinions or desires and just GO WITH THE FLOW for now!
- I’m going to go. I had a great jog today, remember. 😉
- I’m not as severely depressed as of late… MAYBE IT REALLY WAS PARTLY SCHOOL STRESS!!!!!!!!!! This is not to say I don’t get super down and unmotivated sometimes, but it’s not the same.
- My bf and I are going to be cat-sitting for my old kitties!!! (The ones I used to live with around here) Cool.